Sunday, May 21, 2006

Where Are They Now?

In Australia they have a show called “Where are they now?”. It finds stars from past shows or news stories and brings them in for a chat.
It is becoming one of my favourite shows.
I was wondering why I like it so much.
There are some who want to immediately throw in because I am getting older, and I am sure there is some truth in this.
But, I think there are some other reasons. The main reason is because I think I am fascinated to see what they have learnt: Young guys or girls who were rock stars in their day, who are now often “Joe or Josephine average” and others who were involved in key news stories and have integrated back into society.

I guess I am curious because I am hoping to pick up some insight from what they have learned. I am curious to find out if there is anything I can apply to my life.
At Bible College, I was always keen to pick the brains of the older, experienced lecturers about what they had learned from the past. Even in the secular courses I have done, I have been interested to learn about insights gained through their life experiences.
So "Where are they now?" is great entertainment for me, but I also am intrigued about the story behind the story.

1 comment:

Carolanne said...

It is interesting to see what lessons people learned when they were younger that "made" them the person they are today. It's also interesting to see how they turned out. i.e. Did fame and riches affect them negatively.
It's easier to learn from someone else's experience but I guess that show is a lot like blogging. It gets you a look into someone else's life?