Saturday, May 27, 2006

Women and Melodrama

Nathan mentioned in passing that one of his teachers used to be quite melo-dramatic (my translation of what he said). I thought this was a "moment" where I could communicate some timely insight.

I highlighted that you can't have it both ways. If you want an extroverted wife when you grow up, then you have to accept a bit of melo-drama as a "trade-off". I then noted that if you don't want "melo-drama" then you have to go for a woman who is very cognitive and subdued.


The teacher Nathan was referring to was quite melodramatic. In case you are seeking to read between the lines, let me spell it out. In my own case, I got an extroverted, fun-loving, enthusiastic, intelligent wife, with a bit of ocassional melodrama as a trade-off. ("Occasional??!!! Are you being serious??!!?" Nathan asked)
All I was trying to do, was give Nathan the big picture so he can start praying and planning (for much further down the track of course).

On a TV show, there was a girl talking about "Five ways a woman can get what she wants". Examples included: the cute look, a pout and if all else fails, tears. I was about to explain that again that this is another by-product of extroverted, fun-loving women. This is another factor he has to take into consideration. However, this raised a sore spot for Nathan as we were watching the T.V. show we had pizza and chocolate in Nathan's absence.

I had to post this before my extroverted, fun-loving, intelligent wife put her own spin on it. I did note that such honesty could portray me as a logical, cold male. And my extroverted, fun-loving wife's response was, "If the cap fits...."

3 comments:

Carolanne said...

Adding a little drama, a little poetic licence to life and its issues thereof, are the stuff that good dreams and fun lives are made of.
Beauty and charm may just be the cream on the cake that makes a marriage sweet and lasting.
By the way, parts of your post are a little bit too sickly sweet but I thank you for the compliment.

Anonymous said...

Don't they say "opposites attract?" Therefore if Nathan is very extroverted, then he might be better off with a woman who is more introverted. I guess.

OOTOR/suzie86 said...

Logical? Yes and that is no bad thing to be, especially with Carolanne as a wife. Somebody has to bring her back to earth every now and then. But definately not cold, niether cold, distant not remote. OOTOR