Saturday, January 27, 2007

Thankfulness for the last week

Wow am I way behind. I would like to give thanks for last Saturday, that:
1/ That I was able to catch up on things around the house.
2/ I was able to spend some time in quiet reflection.
3/ I was able to spend some time looking after my sick wife.
4/ I was able to spend some time with Nathan.
5/ I was able to catch up on a few other jobs.

Sunday, I am thankful for:
1/ A very good conversation with Nathan in the car.
2/ Time with Carolanne.
3/ That the George Forman meals are still going well.
4/ I had time to play with Nathan in the afternoon.
5/ We had a relaxing night.

Monday, I am thankful for:
1/ Some productive times at work.
2/ Some crisis at work were resolved.
3/ I went with Carolanne to the shops and she took a great photo from the car park (see her blog).
4/ We had some great family time together.
5/ We caught up on family time.

Tuesday I am thankful for:
1/ Time spent preparing for the working bee.
2/ The working bee which was most profitable.
3/ I finally got my glasses as I was able to go to the Optomerist on my day off.
4/ A productive afternoon as Nathan and a girl from Carolanne's class helped me to pain the building.
5/ A good meeting with some people who I am intending to help in a voluntary capacity this year.

Wednesday I am thankful for:
1/ A court case for an eviction didn't turn out as bad as expected.
2/ Some productive times during the morning.
3/ Some issues were resolved with clients. I talked to one client about the opportunity to take some responsibility. I met with this client in jail one year a go and she promised to change. Unfortunately not much has changed, but maybe this time.
4/ A good Board meeting.
5/ A proposal I have been working on was given the green-light.

Thursday I am thankful for:
1/ Some resolution to a difficult family at work.
2/ Some productivity during the day.
3/ The difficult family were given a reprieve from eviction and I am able to put conditions on this which will help them.
4/ There was another good outcome for another client.
5/ I was able to start preparing for the Australia Day lunch with my family.

Friday I am thankful for:
1/ The preparations went well for the lunch.
2/ A great time with my family for the Christmas lunch a month late. Almost all came.
3/ That my niece and her husband and daughter seemed to like the presents I got them for the Kris Kringle.
4/ That the catering worked out well. I am not used to catering for that numter.
5/ That I had a great time catching up with all family members. I also had a great time looking through the photo albumns that we dig out once a year. My nephew's wife was suffering from post-natal last year, and seems to be much better now. It was good to talk to other family members too. It was nice that Russell came to visit at the end of the day, that Nathan got a ride on the bike and that he and my sister and brother-in-law got to see Carolanne's school.

2 comments:

Carolanne said...

It's good you can remember all the things you have to be thankful for from over the past week.
Well done!

Vicki said...

Wow, Russell - you did good! I can't remember breakfast this morning, much less what I did yesterday.

Sounds to me like you have lots of things to be thankful for!